Sunday 1 November 2009

Rainy Sundays, lets have fun!

We woke to rain and wind today, so plans for a trip to the beach were shelved in favour of a trip to a local art shop.

C has always wanted to have a go on a potters wheel so here it is, he did really well for a beginner and it turned out much harder than he had imagined.

The art shop is a fantastic place, they have life drawing classes in the week so I am hoping to go, if I can persuade someone to drive me! (I forgot to tell you I can walk now! Without crutches, but still not able to drive!)

The real joy of this place is the sculpture, the owner Y taught sculpture in Poland, and has some wonderful work on display all from members of the public! Y is a fantastic artist and he has drawn some lovely full length sketches of horses.










Oops I don't think that will hold water!















So apart from taking pictures of C's great efforts I managed to pass the time decorating a little pot (not one I had made sadly! this is definitely C's area of expertise!).


This one is simply adorable! Well done!





We have to go back (Yippee) next week to refine the pots and then C has generously asked me to decorate them for him!

It was a wonderful day, we had lunch in a nearby restaurant and by the time we walked to the car the rain had gone and the sun had come out!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic place to spend a day whether it's wet or dry. It does look difficult so congratulations all around.

    I remember when I was little there were interludes on telly because they didn't have enough programmes so they had gaps when they showed these bits of film. One of the interludes was a potter throwing a pot. It's fascinated me ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like great fun. I did a potter's wheel course once, and loved it. Very messy stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you