Sunday 29 November 2009

Feeling Christmassy

What a Christmassy weekend we had! The wonderful Christmas market opened in Winchester: there is a lovely ice rink surrounded by little log cabins full of crafty people! It is adorable, sadly no snow, but the mulled wine and stollen was absolutely perfect. (Thank you Dawn)

After my long weeks of convalescence I daren't hire skates! But it must be fantastic to skate in the open air!








We went with my best friend Dawn and her lovely hubby Gavin, Clive wrapped up warm for the trip as it was so cold last year. It was a tremendous atmosphere, very busy, Christmas does really seem right round the corner.


I love going with Gavin and Dawn, it gives Clive someone to chat to while he, very patiently, waits for me to browse through the stalls. Dawn is the only person I know who can actually out shop me, and that is saying something!




I bought this adorable case for Lucy, it will hold all her stocking presents this year, she is a real box addict and will love it I am sure.










Sunday we went to another fabulous fair in Southampton University. (I cannot divulge the promises I made to Clive to go to yet another crafting event, needless to say I shall be busy over the next few days!)

I am so in awe of the talented people who run stalls there, I always come home laden and full of inspiration. One stall that simply took my breath away was from Jolly Interiors, Nikki's eye for design is stunning, I could not resist this little birdie! The journal book is also beautifully hand made. While buying it I convinced myself it would make a lovely gift for someone, but I don't think I can let it go! We had a lovely tea and cake with Sally and Tony, it was great to catch up with them.

I love going to these events, it is a great way of finding all the talented people in the area, so that I know about any workshops or courses in the area. Will definitely be checking out the courses at Jolly Interiors they look fab!

Inspired by the fair I finished putting the berries on my Christmas Wreath. It is made from a coat hanger and my wonderful Rosemary bush that grows in abundance just outside the back door. (Someone told me that Rosemary only flourishes in a home where the woman rules the roost, which just can't be right in my case!) I wanted it to look a little natural, and I am quite pleased with the results.

Now where did I put that mulled wine recipe?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. You're definitely getting in the mood!

    Love that pink case. Would love one for Lauren my grand daughter. I've been buying lots of crafty things like googley eyes, pom poms and glittery stars. A case like that would be great to put them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post - yours is the first wreath I've seen this Christmas, and it's perfect. The Christmas market and ice rink sounds a lot of fun. And I think my 11 year old would love that case!
    Thank you so much for the long comment you left me. I rarely do personal posts, but it has proved very theraputic in helping to get it off my chest, and I've been so buoyed up by the wonderful comments I've had. I think you hit the nail on the head. The schools today are not about individuality, and it's such a shame. Maybe it's always been so. But the other school wouldn't have suited my daughter - it's just too academic, and that's not her at all. So I still feel I've done the right thing, despite my concerns. I think I'm in an interesting position of being able to compare two incredibly different schools, and that's quite hard as a mum.
    Thank you for taking the time to post a long comment - I really do appreicate it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo love craft markets!! There are so many talented people and it's great to see things that have originality and character to them.

    Interesting what you say about Rosemary. I have a very thriving rosemary bush outside the back door. Do I rule the roost? Hmm, yes, probably I do. Well, DH can't rule the roost, he doesn't even know how to work the washing machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be very pleased with your wreath its so lovely. I haven't made mine yet but its such a nice idea to use the rosemary. It sounds like you and I like the same sorts of markets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I had a stall at the Southampton University Craft Fair. I wish I had known you were around. It would have been nice to meet you! Glad you had a good time.

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you