Sunday 8 November 2009

What I am reading

I have just finished this book, I came across this book in Tesco's and as I enjoyed the film P.S I love you I thought I would give it a go. I am so pleased I did.

Cecelia writes wonderful tales with just a hint of magic! This is the story of a rather disillusioned teenager who has just lost her father. Her Father's death coincides with huge monumental debts and Tamara finds herself homeless without a penny to her name and has to go and live in the Countryside with her Aunt and Uncle.

The magic comes in the shape of a book that foretells what is going to happen the next day. The house in the country seems to be full of secrets and Tamara goes on quite a journey. Tamara is not a likable character at the beginning, but Cecelia writes so well you grow to like Tamara as each page turns and she actually realises what is important. I felt very sorry for the Rosaleen character, she seemed to be working very hard to look after everyone. The little country cottage seems to be a lovely abode, but Tamara doesn't seem to appreciate it.
Be warned, this isn't a light fluffy read, there is a dark side.


I would thoroughly recommend this book as she seems to write lovely stories with some great characters. I did not realise until I read the blurb, Cecelia wrote the series Samantha Who, which is one of my favourite programmes!

So in my usual fashion, I am now reading another of her books, the Gift, which is a lovely Christmassy story. Just the right time, pass the tea, I am snuggling under the quilt beside the fire. Bliss.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a good book, I will have to take a look the next time I am in Tesco X

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you