Tuesday 10 November 2009

Cover Job


It is the time of the year when a new diary raises its head. I was given a rather dull maroon page a day diary and while I love having the space to write the cover was just crying out for some beauty!






Here it is, the cover is padded and the button has an elastic closure to keep the book shut. I also added some elastic edges to keep the diary pages.




This is a little tricky to keep the edges straight with the glue gun, but I found edging it with a little lace covers a multitude of bumps and creases!

I am happy with the result and I am sure it will bring a smile on my face throughout the year.






It has been a strange day, I was not focused enough to finish the dress I started or the bag I cut out. Instead I made yet another wheat bag, this time for me. It is a little longer this time, which helps it to go round my neck and shoulders after being hunched over a machine. It also is very good for my leg!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love the diary, really pretty. I hadn't thought about using my glue gun for something like this, you've given me a great idea for Rosie's Christmas pressie!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you