Friday 6 November 2009

Make over

I wanted this blog to be a cheery place to come, so up to now I have tried to edit any moaning! However, I also want it to properly reflect who I am and my life isn't all sugar and spice!
I hinted on my gastroncnemis hints and tips that since being home all the time barely able to walk I got a little bit in a rut, but on Tuesday I could not remember the last time I put on make up and my hair was going orange!!! I think I hit an all time low this week as everyone was out for the evening and we had a power cut! So there I was, the boiler broken now for three weeks, no electricity, no radio even, no way to leave the house I just huddled over a few tea lights!

It has really surprised me, in my workplace I was nick named "Miss Stylish" as I really enjoyed dressing up for work, now, after a few weeks at home I struggle to wear anything other than jogging bottoms and jumpers. Add to that the fact I clean out the chickens every day and you can imagine what I looked like!

Fortunately my wonderful friend D, conspired with my son, W (a hairdresser) to get hold of me and sort me out! She brought over her whole make-up stash, and did a great make over, and he did a wonderful cut and colour on my hair, here are the results! (I am too ashamed to show you what I looked like before.) On D's advice I am going to Town next week and plonk myself in front of the Bobbi brown counter and try and find some foundation maybe even get some nice tips on my nails!

I had my physio therapy today, despite my wishes that I would be back at work next week, the therapist made an appointment for a week on Tuesday and told me I might just be able to sit in my car and push the pedals by then but not drive! So I won't be back to work as I drive all over the New Forest for my job. However I am very hopeful I have some exercises to do now so I am wishing it will progress soon! We are having a new boiler fitted, (the electricity is being cut off again next week to fix the fault) so lets hope it will all be well in a couple of weeks.

This is actually the third attempt to photograph myself as all the other pics turned out to only feature my eyebrows and the top of my head! Perhaps I need longer arms.





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. love the hair!, and i dont think i would have anything to blog about if it didnt involve a moan lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm glad your friend rescued you and gave you a boost. I think when major things happen in our lives, we lose more confidence than we realise and shy away from things like make-up and dressing up. That's how it's been with me anyway. I used to wear makeup every day without fail and then when I got very depressed and very sick during pregnancy, the thought of making myself pretty just seemed so alien. I don't wear makeup every day like I used to, but I have started putting a bit on now and then and it's fun.

    I really hope you are back driving again. I don't think your blog is full of moans at all, crikey, if I had suddenly lost the use of my car, I'd be climbing the walls (just ask DH about when the car was away for three weeks being MOT'd!!). You seem very patient about it to me and yet you must have very bad days I imagine. Looking forward to hearing that you are all healed and back out dancing again! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you