Thursday 10 December 2009

Vintage Apron

I just love the wonderful aprons I see in the advertising of the fifties, so when I saw this gorgeous vintage inspired strawberry fabric, it was just crying out to be made into a gorgeous vintage apron.

I used my gathering foot but unfortunately after attaching the bottom the pocket was not centred! I am not sure about the pocket, so I might remove it. But the apron is wonderful to wear, it is so feminine. Just in time for me to do some Christmas presents!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. It looks great and the pocket looks just fine, It actually looks like it's supposed to be off centre like that, a proper pocket rather than a kagaroo pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is perfect for being the 1950 housewife! I do hope you will greet your husband/partner at the door with a cocktail and imaculate house! or maybe just drink the cocktail yourself and forget about the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea things hand made! sipping a cocktail while i write.... oh dear are keyboards waterproof?

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you