Sunday 27 December 2009

Taking Flight


Over the last couple of days I have been reading this book about discovering your creative self. My dearest friend Mel calls me her butterfly friend because I do so many different things, so I thought I would do the first creative project in the book and do a semi self portrait, the butterflies represent some of the different activities I do. My life coach Amy has worked very hard with me to help me accept myself just the way I am instead of feeling that I should be committed to one activity. I had a lot of fun doing this, as it was completely from imagination which frees up the obsession with getting it exactly right.

I have signed up to a exploring your creativity workshop in the New Year, so that is my plan over the next year.

By the way the colours in this painting are so much duller than the actual one, it seems a photograph can't do paintings justice!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS self portrait! You're quite the talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow that picture is gorgeous!! You MUST do these for sale - im sure you could make a fortune!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really lovely, and your post spoke to me as I too am always flittring from one thing to the other and always felt a bit guilty not finishing things off or concentrating on anything for very long, you have made me think that I should accept thats just me and not feel so guilty anymore. Also your painting would look lovely turned into an appliqued quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm accepting yourself the way you are. Could be less stressful than struggling trying to change things.

    I am definitely a butterfly. I've had more hobbies than I care to remember and on a day to day basis I never seem to get one task finished.

    I've been trying to procrastinate less and to have a much tidier house for the past couple of years. Should I give up I wonder. No that's a cop out! I'm going to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you