Monday 21 December 2009

Christmas Reading

A good Christmas read seems to put me in the festive mood so I thought I would give you a few recommendations:


Maeve is the Queen of warm Irish feel good novels, this collection of stories based around Christmas will gladden the heart. The good thing about story collections is you can fit the odd story in between all the hundreds of tasks to do this time of year. I particularly enjoyed the one where the little girl was given a digital camera, should be a warning to everyone!








If you are up to your neck in Christmas preparations, your list of jobs to do is getting longer and longer and everyone is putting pressure on you then this book will appeal to you. The protagonist and his wife decide to completely skip the Christmas Celebrations and go off on a cruise instead - a wonderful idea! However, plans don't always work out the way we expect them to. Lovely read.





A gem of a writer, I love the way she adds just a little hint of magic to the ordinary! This is about a guy who would like to be in two places at once what a great gift! This is a quirky novel, but a great read all the same. A little bit like Christmas Carol in that our protagonist has a change of heart.

2 comments:

  1. They sound really good. I love Maeve Binchy. I'm stocking up on books for Christmas so thanks for these ideas. Will access the online library catalogue now to see if they have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these recommendations! I've read the Maeve Binchy book and agree that it has some lovely, warm stories in it. I've read most of her books (mostly her older books) and have been a bit disappointed with her newer books, but this one was lovely.

    I will look out for the other two as I'm ploughing my way through everything that Deborah Moggach has ever written and will soon be on the hunt for a new author!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you