Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow Day!

Well, I apologise to those of you suffering in the snow, but the weather today filled me with joy! I was able to work from home, so I did not have to struggle through the snow! All my clients were happy and accounted for by 10am!

I am so grateful that our boiler packed up a few months ago, as I woke to the sound of our nice new one working hard at six this morning!

Today has felt like a gift, time to relax and feel cosy at home! It has also been wonderful to hear the children's laughter as they travel down the little grass hill in the park at the end of our road. It isn't often that we are given the chance to simply stop, and as a Nation we have been given a little holiday!

Although we had snow falling most of the morning it was not as bad here as the rest of the country, listening to the local radio last night, I was so sorry to hear about people trapped in their cars but there were also some wonderful stories, like the cafe owner who had delivered over two hundred free cups of tea to stranded drivers. I think we are a caring nation, it is just sometimes we need adversity to bring us all together.

This has been a wonderful day, a chance to stop and enjoy the sensations, the crunch as it settles under my feet; the wonderful swirls and patterns left by the ice, there is nothing quite like the silence that comes with snow. A great opportunity for mindfulness, just enjoying the moments! What made a wonderful afternoon was that C had been sent home early so we had a lovely afternoon together!


The snow wasn't so popular with the chooks, they were reluctant to leave the coop this morning, usually they are squawking loudly! They spent most of the day in their little dirt den, which gives them an opportunity to scratch round the dirt, but protected from the weather as it has a little roof. However, Edna and Dolly were more than happy to eat the bird seed I put on the roof of the coop, their favourite place to watch the world go by!

What a fabulous day!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. well I'm glad somebody else thought today was a gift! I was beginning to feel quilty for enjoying today so much when so many people in blogland are wishing the snow would go away! Well I live in a small vilage but I'll happily have beans on toast for every meal, for a few more days being stranded at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yipee, more like me, I love the snow, even if it is pretty cold, I love the way it makes everything look so pretty and clean, we had loads of fun watching our chickens walking about in the snow and watching a robin on the bird table, sledging in an old box then back in for hot chocolate and a game of uno by the fire, when the boys are in bed I cuddle up with my other half watching a film and knitting. The best things in life really are free and its a shame other don't take time out and open there eyes to the wonder of nature x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you