Sunday 24 January 2010

Look What I found!

All the bags and magazines have been full of corsages, I am loving the vintage look that is currently in vogue! I made this little one a little while ago, (glue guns are so addictive!) the centre is a massive sparkly gem, I bought it at a discount store, two for 50p (they were enormous earrings!!!). These are really good fun to make, and the glue gun makes light work of it, far quicker than stitching!











I bought this adorable cardigan in the Oxfam shop this weekend, (the ribbon is my addition!) It is a beautifully fitted knit, in angora wool! a snip at £3.99 and luxuriously soft.

Yellow, I know is not every one's favourite choice, but about a year ago I sent for a dress from Jonnie Boden, when it arrived it was yellow! Yellow I said to myself, well that is going straight back!

Being firstly very inquisitive and secondly a strong believer in serendipity I decided to try it on! Oh it was really gorgeous! I have very pale porcelain skin, and the yellow did not make me sallow at all! I loved it so much I wore it for the Prima Photo shoot last year, (my profile picture is the one they used in the magazine!) So I am a yellow convert!

This looks gorgeous with my back dress, but today I wore it with a royal blue pinafore type dress! As you can tell I am a poor shy wallflower!

It has been quiet here lately, since the art booster I have been painting and catching up with some fabulous new friends I met at the group.

I also attended a meeting of the HSP group. I discovered I was HSP about three years ago, but only discovered the meet up group just before Christmas. It was absolutely wonderful, so nice to be in a room with people who struggled with the same things. HSP's are like Empaths, I can stand next to someone and experience their emotions, which is not always great fun! HSP are are more sensitive to their surroundings as well as the moods of people around them, they are unable to watch violent programmes, need to have time alone as they become overwhelmed more than non HSPs.

There are also HSS, which are high sensation seekers, (I am one of those too) who need to find new experiences enjoy novel items! They want to do it all, courses, classes, hobbies, etc, they get easily aroused, (not sexually but creatively) by objects such as fabric, or ideas but may become so overwhelmed they become exhausted at times and need to withdraw. (Find out if you are HSP here)

I recently bought the book and it has explained so many difficulties I had in my life. I was told as a child "don't be so sensitive, harden up" but I just could not do it and still can't. I have had so many problems with so called assertive people but never understood why I could not stand up for myself, I think I have at last found the reason! I feel as if I have been given the key to understanding how to stop making the same mistakes over and over again!

So much has happened in the last couple of weeks, I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store! I am going to the Brighton stiching show in a couple of weeks, should be great!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That's a really interesting post. Firstly, I love the yellow jumper. I am a big fan of yellow, my hall, landing and lounge are all painted in soft yellow and I think it's so cheerful. Even in the evening, when the main light is off and the lamps are on, it seems to become cosy and tranquill. I don't think I have any yellow clothing though funnily enough, something I should look into I think!

    The HSP group you mentioned sounds great and makes me feel like I'm not such an odd-bod maybe. Sometimes if I'm in town on my own, I can be walking down the street, nothing bothering me and I suddenly feel really tearful. It doesn't always happen, but quite often it does and it feels the same as if I'd just heard a moving or sad story. It's strange (and more than a little embarrassing!). I just can't cope with violence either on the television, radio or in books. We had this desperate history teacher at school who loved to dwell on the gore of Medieval history. I used to sit with my hands over my ears literally shaking and even now, those memories make me feel trembly. My family used to laugh at me as they all enjoyed high-drama and action programmes and I would gobble up my tea mega-fast and shut myself in my room to escape! This probably doesn't make me an HSP, but it's very, very reassuring to know that my symtpoms aren't daft or unique to me!! Thanks!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the very same yellow cardigan! :) I didn't think to replace the tie with a cute ribbon, though... I love that! I feel that yellow is a lovely color that is often overlooked... I think we should bring it back. I have a new knitting pattern that I'm working on, and I'm knitting the "mock ups" in a gorgeous mustardy yellow...

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you