Saturday 9 January 2010

Creativity Booster Workshop

I went to a creativity workshop at the Art House in Southampton today, what a wonderful work shop it was too. It was so nice to get together with like minded people and talk about all the fears that stop us expressing ourselves fully. I met some wonderful people today, their kindness was so encouraging. I have struggled a little at work, being myself, sometimes I worry that when I talk about all the things I do my colleagues think I am boasting! I was thinking of holding myself back, not talking about my art, painting or dancing. Not everyone has the courage to be creative, and sometimes it means they resent the people who do.

So I was absolutely delighted to receive this from the tutor on our course today, I thought I would share it with you.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - speech by Nelson Mandela was originally written by Marianne Williamson



So I was absolutely delighted to receive this from the tutor on our course today, I thought I would share it with you. If you have a talent then show it to the world, be proud of who you are and don't let others stop you.


3 comments:

  1. That is so very true we are all held back by our own insecurities, confidence breeds success, I wish I had more of it at times! But I am so glad to have found this blogland, it's very inspiring and wonderful to meet other people who have the same interests, we'll all have to boost each others creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely. That was very kind of her.

    I keep holding back because I am so critical of what I produce. Need to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Winfred, I have been creating a mixed media canvass about that very thing! silencing the inner critic! we all discussed that yesterday and I think we all suffer from it! The trick is to ignore it and just do it! Would love to see what you have done!

    Who lives, you are an inspiration to me, I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you