Sunday 27 September 2009

Poppy Painting

It has been a glorious day, warm and sunny the chooks have been revamping the garden and I no longer have a single flower left on a plant! C has been frowning and devising a new system, as he is fed up with having to watch where he walks!

I have spent the last couple of days painting, it is surprising how quickly the time passes when I have a paintbrush in my hand. (I am a rather messy painter, I have managed to get paint all over my lovely white linen trousers, my pretty blue top, and on the handle of my crutches!) so here it is, (still debating with the colour round the centre, but I could fiddle for eternity!) It is roughly twice the size of A3, I can't seem to paint small things! I intend to pop it on the wall in our lounge, (C is happy to do so) but at the mo it is drying in the shed, (have had to move the poster of Edward Cullen temporarily)

2 comments:

  1. That painting is fantastic, you can really feel the velvety leaves!!! It will be a really happy and cheerful painting to look at in the middle on Winter too! You are very talented!

    What medium is it painted in? I used to paint quite a lot a few years ago and liked using oils, though they were very messy and took ages to dry. I know what you mean about the time just flashing by when you are painting, it really absorbs you doesn't it.

    How is your leg? Is it still painful and do you know how long you will be in crutches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa,
    Lovely to hear from you! Thanks for your positive comments. I used acrylic paints, you get time to blend the colours but they don't take as long to dry as oils do!

    still on crutches! thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you