Wednesday 23 September 2009

Dorset Mumbles

As I write we are in the foothills of the beautiful Dorset countryside, my favourite place on earth! My leg has been quite painful the last few days, fearful I would be a sad lonely old wretch, I invited friends to the shed to help lift my sprits, Tuesday being a really busy day with L&M visiting, W&G back from Corfu, my dear friend D came over with her daughter, (actually I ordered her over, but that is another story) as well as the vivacious N! That evening I could not sleep as the leg was giving me jip! So much so, I risked drug addiction and took my co-drydamol tablets just to get some sleep. (the media are reporting how easy it is to be addicted to painkillers containing codeine!) Fearing I would never get back to a normal life I spent the entire Wednesday on the sofa with my leg dutifully raised. (I also picked up my crochet book and mastered lovely roses!) Clive decided my shed was a strong tempting crutch walk to the end of the garden so the best option was to head off in the caravan. It really is the only time I can fully relax! We sleep usually at least 12hours a day!
I must say after our trip to Abbotsbury I was a little nostalgic for Dorset, so we booked a new site close by which has proved to be wonderful. (They have baths joy of joys!) Mr C is the most tolerant person on earth, gladly wheeling me round Lyme Regis seafront, which was so delightful in the September sunshine. Usually I love to wander the hills and narrow streets but this time we stayed on the front people watching! While sitting, I realised I rarely live in the moment. I am always seeking out some new stimulus, reading, or looking for the next project, etc, that I forget to simply be. What a wonderful gift! We ate fish and chips with the clear sea air blowing softly in our faces, watching the brown (never seen before) seagulls flap and skit about. I am so lucky to have someone who cares enough to lug me around in the wheelchair, not only that we seem to chat easily about this and that. He also showed his absolute fabulousness by going back via Becca’s Emporium in Broadwindsor, as well as stopping by a market stall in Bridport that was selling some fabulous Kath Kitson Fabric at under a tenner a metre. (They are there every Saturday well worth the trip!)
However, the time away has given me the opportunity to catch up with some reading as well as mastering the art of crochet flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you