Saturday 12 September 2009

Trip to Abbotsbury




Mum had wanted to go to Abbotsbury for nearly thirty years, so for her birthday I booked us a B&B to stay in Dorset for the weekend, Unable to drive we have postponed the weekend but we thought we would go for the day so she wasn't disappointed! Here is C and Mum enjoying a lovely cuppa in the Sub tropical gardens. If C looks exhausted then I am not surprised, he decided to go off road pushing me in the wheelchair. This included steep hills, twists and turns!


The gardens were fabulous, so colourful. We saw a banana tree flower, as well as Lilly ponds, azaleas and this colourful little chap, supposedly a pheasant, he was simply beautiful, and quite happy for me to snap away at him.



The route included some sculpture too, although I don't think I am quite arty enough to understand some of it! It was a glorious day, the gardens were exquisite, something you could see several times a year and they would be totally different depending on the blooms.



Abbotsbury was amazing the swans and geese so noisy! We saw them being fed, they group together quite happily there, something they don't do in the wild as usually they are fiercely territorial. As you can see there are hundreds of them! You may, if you look closely, see a black swan, native to Australia. They only produce eggs during the yearly rain there, but as it rains here all the time, they are prolific!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you