Saturday 6 February 2010

A Great day out at the Stitch and Hobbycraft Fair in Brighton


Wow, I am still buzzing from a fabulous girlie day out with the gorgeous Karen! We headed off to Brighton for the Hobby crafts/Stitching show!

Here I am in my gorgeous new coat - Johnnie Boden is simply a genius, I adore his clothes. This is a delicious pink velvet, to wear it out is pure delight! As you can tell, I am the typical wall flower!



The show is still on until Sunday, so if you have the chance I would recommend it! The exhibitions are simply fantastic! I have just a few pictures to share with you, but they just don't do it justice!

I saw this exhibit in the WI magazine, but its beauty simply cannot be captured in a photograph! I adore this bag, it is soooo perfect! There are so many beautiful crochet creations to see. Very inspirational.










It was a perfect day for a walk on the seafront, the sun was very warm! Karen is such a good friend with a real appreciation for beauty! She was happy to admire the many beautiful Victorian buildings we saw as we ambled around the streets.

She was also very patient when I completely forgot where we parked the car! It was a fun adventure wandering the streets, fortunately Karen's sense of direction saw us back to Tiffany before it got too dark to see!









These little houses are completely made from stitches. To gauge the size the sign is roughly A4.

The little shop windows contained stitched items for sale! They were simply wonderful!







This is an absolutely perfect mini quilt, I think it must have been approximately 6 by 6 inches.

The flowers are made from the smallest yo-yo's I have seen ever! Every stitch is perfect, I am in awe of the talented people around!




There were a few of the costumes from the Film the Duchess! Oh to be an actress and wear such beautiful gowns! This is the purple dress used for the poster of the film! Kiera Knightly must be so tiny to fit into this dress!

If you haven't seen the film yet, then I can recommend it, it is a tear jerker, but a great film nevertheless.







This little object was sublime, the little garden room was complete with stitched plants and watering cans!





I loved this work, a line of little canvasses with little stitched creations on each. Karen liked the knitted one on the left hand side, but the centre left takes my vote, completely machine stitched.

(I think I must lean slightly when I take pictures because this had to be really adjusted! not a single alcoholic beverage in sight honest!)






Oh I wish I was a better photographer, this quilt was simply amazing! The middle section was three dimensional with gorgeous fish and under sea creatures! Inspirational!
























The day was absolutely glorious, the sun was shining and we just talked and talked the whole day! It is so wonderful when you have such a special friend who you can spend all that time with and never run out of things to say! I can recommend a fantastic waffle and ice cream shop just round the corner from the Brighton Centre, their cakes are delicious and home baked! The cafe itself was so light and airy, the epitome of Brighton I think!

I do get rather frustrated with this blog account, the window is too small to navigate round posts, and I try to get the words to link up but it all goes wrong!!!! So I do apologise if the layout is a little odd! I had my coat picture last, but then it got deleted and I had to load it again, then it messed up all the text so I have left it where it is! LOL, perhaps I need a lesson on how to blog!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Oh I give up! the text is completely wrong!!! I hope you get the gist ok! It was a great day out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O love your pink velvet coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day out! And lovely sunshine - we've had think fog all day! Did manage to get to a vintage fair though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the gist perfectly! What a lovely day out, it's somewhere that I'd love to go when I get the chance, I think Birmingham is our nearest place.

    Yes, it is just perfect when you have a friend to share places like this with - happy chattering and comfortable silences where you are both absorbed in admiring the same things, without worrying that the other person is bored. Perfect! I love those dresses too. I know we have huge benefits from living in this era, but I wish sometimes that there were more opportunities to dress up and be feminine. It must have felt wonderful, swishing down long corridors in gowns like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those stitch fairs, I went to one in Harrogate. Don't worry about your blog layout, it is not easy. Perhaps I can help. I used to try and put the picture on one side and the text opposite, then alternate it on the following pictures, but it took ages to get it all to fit. So now I have given up and only post pics in the large size, in the centre, and put the text between them.

    I dont post multiple pics at the same time, I add them one at a time. I post them all first, making two spaces between each one, and post them in reverse order, the last one first. When I add the next I grab it with the cursur and move it down to just above the previous one. Continue till I have all my pics on.

    Then I add all my text in between the pics. You will find that the gaps between text and pics widen automatically, you can close them by back spacing.

    Perhaps there is a quicker way, but this works for me. Keep playing with it, you will get there. Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your comments!

    Mean Queen I will follow your instructions hopefully it will mean I don't mess up so much again!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you