Saturday 20 February 2010

Girlie Alert!


Perhaps it is the time of year, when the frost is still thick on the chicken coop, although there are some brave crocuses and snowdrops bursting through the frozen ground, I have found a real passion for flowers of every kind! Last week I was glamming up my dump mirror which gives me so much pleasure in the mornings when I am putting on my make up, that I am a woman possessed!





I spotted this lovely frame in a charity shop and an idea was born! Simply remove the glass and cover the backing board in some wadding and fabric, (using a glue gun!!!! Yipppppeeee) glue the fabric on tightly to form a little pad. Rub down the frame if you are one of those people who like to do things properly, or like me just slap thin layers of ordinary white emulsion over the frame. Glue your padded back to the frame and add a nice ribbon round the edge.

The flowers were purchased at a wonderful little shop called Emerald Crafts in Lyndhurst, at just £5.99 they were an absolute bargain. There are so many beautiful paper flowers available in many different colours you can go for more subtle effects or for a teenager go for bold. (Does that make me a teenager?)


Glue them in place where you feel free, or if you are a little more considerate you can place them around until you get something pleasing to your eye then glue them. (I use the top of a knitting needle to hold the flowers in place while the glue is setting, not only does it give a lovely cup shape to your flowers, it also stops you burning your fingers on the hot glue!)

When you have a nice centre to the flowers, drop a little blob of glue and add some contrasting seed beads to the centre, which makes a realistic flower you will have to keep the bumble bees away!

Use pins placed at a sharp angle to dangle your earrings onto voila! A pretty frame for your earrings and more importantly, somewhere to keep them together! I could have made a lovely display of my hundreds of divorced earrings but I wanted to inspire you instead!

Of course I have very little self restraint and have over done the flowers, yours will probably be far more tasteful!

(you are free to make one of your own, but please respect my copyright thanks!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. OOh, Clive has just come home with a new glue gun! What more could a girl want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh i love it! I need to find a really BIG frame for all my earings :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you