Tuesday 9 February 2010

Finding Gold!


I have a beautiful cane dressing table,
but the mirror was a little small and slightly damaged.
We were taking some things to the local dump,
I love going there and often make a little request as we head off,
(I ask the Angels and they really seem to delight in answering my request!)
Imagine my delight when I found this lovely gold mirror for a fiver!


The great thing about having a bedroom
of your own is that it can be unashamedly girlie!



Here is the finished mirror,
very OTT but I simply love the girlie kitch look!
The big roses are rose fairy lights,
so when I put my make-up on it gives a beautiful rosy glow.
The smaller flowers are little paper ones,
which have been glued to the frame.

I have some beautiful Chinese brocade to make some curtains,
when I get the time!
It is just so much fun to have a room of my own!
and no it does not mean Clive and I are arguing
I have very restless nights sometimes,
which really disturbs him, even though
I try not to!
Having a room of my own means
I can just put the light on and read for a while
until I feel sleepy again!



It is a work in progress
Will post more as I gradually complete the room!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That's so pretty!! I often wake in the night and can't get back to sleep and I can't read because it would disturb Conor too much, so it would be great to have a room to decamp to instead of laying in the dark!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you