Monday 11 May 2009


I bought this pink top from M&S a couple of years ago, but I was never really happy wearing it as it seemed to be baggy and unflattering, yet I loved the colour. So I decided to investigate a little and I noticed that the sides were around 6 inches too long so I cut the ends off and attached some ribbon for ties rather than the boring knitted ones. I then took the top in a little at the sides, which seemed to fit the dummy better. I had the pink ribbon in my stash and decided it made the edge of the cardigan really stand out, so I sewed round the edges. I love the new look of the top.
The skirt was on a bargain rail but once again I was never really satisfied with the fit. Using the dummy I created two darts at the back which helped reduce the width at the waist, making it easier to fit round the waist. One of the difficulties of an hourglass figure.

When I finished I was delighted with my new outfit! It is surprising how many compliments I get when I wear this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you