Monday 11 May 2009

7 May 2009

Well, it has been a busy month. Firstly I had the guys over for a stitch and bitch day, shame the weather was a bit cool, it would have been great to sit in the garden together! When we all come up with different ideas it is so great! L is still doing corsets by the dozen, will have to make one myself soon before I forget how to do it! D was teaching H how to make a pair of trousers. R was customising a tee shirt.

Finally completed my new dress, it is a vogue pattern. I had to adjust the front quite a bit owing to my narrow shoulders, and big bust! The skirt was fine. However, when I attached the lining something went wrong, it seemed to pull it out of shape! I used the same toile pattern so I don’t understand what happened! Decided it would be ok without lining if I am ever to finish it this century!

I also decided I wanted to make sleeves, so I used the sleeve from another pattern. (I have an deep embarrassment of showing my armpits! Since you have to lift your arms a lot in jive)

Oh and I think I did the concealed zip six times!! I don’t understand what is happening as it seems to get caught so I could not pull up the zipper! Not sure what I am doing wrong, but after unpicking a few of these stitches it went ok!

Wore it last night to jive, it was great! The weight of the fabric makes the skirt really swing!

Oh the addiction continues…. I am off to fabric land today, to see what I can find!!! Will have to make it fast as I have no more room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you