Saturday 20 March 2010

Easter Egg Tree


I saw this delightful tree in John Lewis on Thursday, I have always wanted one, as the simplicity of the little wire tree opens up a host of lovely ideas for the seasons. My gorgeous son Will bought it for me and the charming little birdies that are nesting within. (See if you can spot all three!). I had all the little yellow and pink eggs already, so it is nice to have a little tree to hang them on.

I am enchanted with this little object, and look forward to using it throughout the seasons but for now it heralds the joy and beauty of spring with all the new life.

.....

We were visiting our favourite tea shop after our chicken husbandry course today, and there was a lovely little girl who must have only just been around three. She had the most gorgeous pink wellie boots and pink flowery rain coat! It left me wondering, why do we as adults stop wearing bright colours? (I obviously haven't grown up as the lady at the course laughed when she saw my bright pink wellies and flowery raincoat) I hear so many of my friends and colleagues talk about wearing bright colours as if it is a shameful thing to do! One of the secretaries in our office coveted what she described as a beautiful pink coat, she wanted to buy it for her birthday. When she talked about it she was really animated and excited. A week or so later, I asked her about the coat and she said she looked at the sleeves and they were a bit puffy, so she talked herself out of buying it. She was also worried that everyone would stare at her if she wore a pink coat!

I was also talking to someone about their childhood and they told me about a lovely red coat they had as a child, it was their best coat and they only wore it on special occasions, so she only wore it twice before it was too small for her. Her mother passed it on to her cousin, who because it was second hand, was able to wear the coat every day!

So, don't save things for a special occasion, or worry about what other people think, you only have this moment, so wear your party pants and live!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. That is a lovely tree and so lovely of your son to buy it for you! My little girl has a really lovely flowery raincoat from M&S which I got off e-bay which looks brand new. I nearly always buy second hand as that way she can wear the item time and time again without me worrying about her accidently ruining an expesive item of clothing. I must admit to wearing brightly coloured wellies myself - they make me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww the little girl in the flowery coat and pink wellies sounded so cute! I have a pink coat myself with a polka dot lining and really don't wear it nearly enough, maybe I shall start tomorrow with it being Spring! Who cares if I'm in my 40's :D
    Love the easter egg tree, very pretty and so kind of your son to buy it for you.
    Happy Springtime!
    Hxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you