Thursday 21 April 2011

Uppark


We visited Uppark a lovely house set just inside the West Sussex border. Travelling through the country lanes in Tiffany (my little red sports car) roof down and the sun shining it was a wonderful journey. The roads are very peaceful, quiet and the views stunning.

The entrance to the house is not very imposing, rather quiet, but the house itself is beautiful. They have restored it so well after the disastrous fire a few years ago. One rather interesting feature is the tunnels that link the diary and the servants quarters it meant that the servants could not be seen.

There are some gorgeous pieces of furniture, one in particular was a wooden desk with lots of cubby holes, I imagined being some great writer tapping away at an ancient typewriter on it. I love desks, they really do inspire me.

The tea and cakes were a delightful end to a great trip. I plan to do some painting from the photos I took.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thank you for stopping by and reading my post, I really value your comments, thank you